My daughter once sent me a photo of her cat and I traced it in my graphics program and now decided to use that for my polymer clay painting. I think this is one cool looking cat.
- I printed out the design, cut it out and glued onto CD.
- First I outlined the the cat with thin strips
- Then I filled in the background
- And last the border
- To make sure the canes and the clay made good contact I covered the design with waxpaper and then used a rolling pin and press down lightly.
- Then I baked the CD and let it cool
- Now it was time to varnish it with waterbased Flecto Varathane varnish and bake it again.