My next experiment painting with polymer clay came when I purchased a pasta machine to condition the clay. As it is a a regular pasta machine it has also the option to cut the pasta into different widths. So I decided to cut the clay into small strips and use that as my paint.
How I Did It
- First I printed out the design, this time it is a picture that my son made for his girlfriend last Valentine’s Day, and glued it to the CD.
- Next I conditioned the clay and rolled it out at setting 3 otherwise it was to thin and broke to easily.
- Then I rolled it through the narrow pasta cutting setting and ended up with the strips above
- Now came the painting part by applying individual strips next to each other and cutting them to size with an exacto knife.
- Depending on how I smoothed out the individual strips the look of the design changed.
- Once I was done I backed the whole thing for the recommended time and then coated it with varnish and backed it a second time.
I think it turned out quite ok and my son and his girlfriend are very pleased with their gift.